Tuesday, March 1, 2011

My time.


I've meant to write since ... I don't know when. But every time I've started typing... someone (s) needed me.

(2h15 later...)

So after bath time and feeding time, which, like usual, I helplessly fall asleep in bed with Merrick, a load in the washer and today's dishes cleaned and drying, here I am back to post.


But let me warn you; this post won't contain any cute picture. I still wonder if I'm going to put any picture at all. Seems like I can't get good picture out of the old camera my in-laws lent me. So I have ordinary pictures of a vest I did for Merrick and a beginning of a cowl for tomorrow's yarn along, and underexposed pictures of a little dress for Victoria (the doll) for the sewing bee.






I actually found one that I liked enough... Seems like I can't post without a picture after all....

I was considering blogging and reading blogs as time for myself... But I wonder now. I feel it's actually eating up my time. And I start wondering why I actually blog. Does any one read me? 

Or is it solely for myself?

I love taking pictures and show them. Their subject is mainly my children. But I started feeling uncomfortable posting them, as much as I like it (?). 
And then I love sharing what I did, what I'm learning. The vest I did for Merrick is far from being to nicest thing on earth... But I did it! I actually took some yarn and made a piece of clothing with it! It doesn't matter that it was a doll pattern and ended up so big I stopped halfway. And I really feel like showing you. 

(oh, that would be the cue for Feed me!)

Fortunately, I mainly make and do stuff for my number one fan, Mariann. She gets exited about any toy I make her. The Fairy House and the snow drop fée I made for my friend Danni's February Fairy is so far a big hit for her, even if none of you commented. She wears any little dresses, even those that was not so well made.

(back from another feed)

 
This post is getting pretty chaotic. Can't seem to classify my ideas tonight.

Merrick is eating so much! Every two hours, maybe more often. Literally draining me! Doesn't really show that he eats solid 3 times a day.

And that cold! Can it just stop? I went outdoor today. Dressed the kids pretty well and all. It snowed yesterday and it was really good cardio to run around with my jogging stroller, a baby on my back. Every one I met smiled with compassion. Several ladies (and I'm talking of about 8) actually said something. "I find you very good to do that." "Omg you're so loaded!" and "It's not always easy". Yeah, it wasn't that easy, but I needed to walk and shake up a bit.

I think I'm going to stop here and continue my cowl. Because I'm actually crocheting something for myself right now. How thrilling?

2 comments:

  1. What a good rant! It always helps to put down how you feel in words, and in a way it shows that, even though we all love to read your blog and eagerly await each new post, you're really doing it for you, and that's what makes it valuable. It's a way to capture your thoughts, ideas and everyday joys before they're crowded out by newer ones demanding your full attention. It's a way to show off your achievements (knitting and crochet - now I'm even more in awe of your skills, if that were possible) and share your creations. And perhaps most importantly, it's a way to stay connected with the outside world, even out there in the middle of a Québec winter. I know it seems one-sided, like we're connected to you but you have no connection to us, but we are right there with you, even if we don't comment as much as we should.

    Spring is coming, though I know it doesn't feel like it yet. I know how you feel about the camera situation, too. Mine needs repair and I've been putting off taking it to the shop because I'm afraid it'll be expensive or they'll tell me it can't be fixed.(Or both!)

    So here's a long-distance hug from a devoted fan of your blog, your work and most of all, of you. And I want to see that cowl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have only discovered your blog a couple of months ago, but I have enjoyed it so much, I went back and read every post(sounds like a stalker, eh?) I love seeing your projects and pictures of the kids. I especially enjoy seeing what Mariann is up to. I have a little 2yr old niece who lives in Ottawa that I have never met in RL yet and she and Mariann have very similar features. It might be one of the reasons I feel so connected to your little daughter.

    A few years down the road you would love reading your old posts and remembering how life was way back when numerous feedings iterrupted life regularly. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!

Intense Debate Comments

About Me

My photo
I'm a 23 yr old mommy of two little pixies, sharing my life with my best friend. We live in La Belle Province, French is our first language. In the middle of nursing and caring for a toddler's need, I sew, draw, paint, and take pictures to tell. We also struggle to live an healthy life, apparently surrounded by people that doesn't care much, and we're on budget, too!

Labels

2nd About me activity air alar altar alternative apples apron art astrology Aux Demilunes avatar baby baby food beach bedding Beltane birth stories Birthday Crown birthdays bloomers Blue body painting books boy bread breadmaking breastfeeding Butterbeer and Fantomp cake cake toppers camera Candy Fairy Cauldron celebration child's craft children's book children's cloth cloth cubes clothing collage cookies cooking Costume Craft craft room creature crochet crown cupcakes cushions decor dessert diapers diner dinning table diy DIY day Dollhouse dolls dragon drawing dreadlocks dress earth eco education elementals elf etsy update fabric fairy fall felt felt food fire flower food Full moon art fun furniture gardening gift gifts girl girl room giveaway glass god granola green Guest Post Halloween handmade gift Harry Potter harvest heart herbs holidays home hoodie Imbolc inspiration island jewelry kid kid toys kid's art kitchen kitchen witchery knitting landscape less meat Litha lunch Mabon Magic make your monday Mariann the photographer Master Bedroom maternity Maypole meditation Mother Earth move my project under 15 necklace needlefelting onesie orange organization Ostara pagan painting path peg personal photoshot pink pixie suit plaid play kitchen playing with you food plush Pointed Hat pointed hood Poppet Potion pregnancy pretend play pumpkin punk Québec Quidditch quilt rag quilt rant recipe reinvented retro-cooking month review rhythm right now I AM ritual sabbath Samhain sea sea house seasons sewing sharpies shoes shop siblings skirt soap something about me spellbook spells spinning spirited child spring strawberries swap swaps sweater tattoo tea tea party the color red The Crafty Witch the horde of angry pagans this moment Thrifty finds to-do list toddler toddler crafts toy toymaking tradition tutorial tutu unicorn vacation valentine Waldorf Waldorf doll wand water watercolor Wish list Witch witchy things wood painting wooden toys yarn along yarn along. crochet yellow yoga Yule