Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Today was handwork day



According to my new established routine, today was handwork day and I took out the chuncky beads I found at the thrift store.



It was Elizabeth's first time, and with some help from Mariann, she learned how it worked and managed to make a really pretty necklace for herself. She's 18 month old. Her mama is a great friend of mine and had a really hard time trying daycare places, with all them stressing her and her baby in some way (to far so too much car time, close by too crowed, not sharing parenting values, etc). I offered to take her in and integrate her in our daily routine. So far, so good, and both mama and baby seems a lot happier.



You bet Mariann loves to have another playmate. She can get bossy and she loves to be the chief. On snack time, they are all 3 sit on the floor, with Mariann distributing the food. There's a lot of cooking going on in the playkitchen, a lot of babies being rocked, cuddled and craddled.

There's a lot of hugs and kisses going on, too. Mariann calls her "My love". There's a lot of sippy cup exchange as well, and a lot of food on my floor.





The proud girls. It's now time for bed-in to get Merrick to do his morning nap. The after-noon naps are still to be figured how. Any suggestions?

We tried all in bed with books, all on the couch with a movie, all babies in separated rooms....

2 comments:

  1. Last weekend I was visiting friends who have a 2-year old daughter. We were all out in the back yard until dark, and about 8:30 I realized the baby wasn't with us any more. "Oh, I put her to bed," my friend Jen said. "Does she go right to sleep?" I asked. "Oh she'll probably play for a few minutes but she never takes long to fall asleep." I don't think they realize what a marvel this is.

    My partner Ian says he was one of those children who would NEVER take a nap in the afternoon. I don't think I had a problem with this - certainly I enjoy afternoon naps now!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!

Intense Debate Comments

About Me

My photo
I'm a 23 yr old mommy of two little pixies, sharing my life with my best friend. We live in La Belle Province, French is our first language. In the middle of nursing and caring for a toddler's need, I sew, draw, paint, and take pictures to tell. We also struggle to live an healthy life, apparently surrounded by people that doesn't care much, and we're on budget, too!

Labels

2nd About me activity air alar altar alternative apples apron art astrology Aux Demilunes avatar baby baby food beach bedding Beltane birth stories Birthday Crown birthdays bloomers Blue body painting books boy bread breadmaking breastfeeding Butterbeer and Fantomp cake cake toppers camera Candy Fairy Cauldron celebration child's craft children's book children's cloth cloth cubes clothing collage cookies cooking Costume Craft craft room creature crochet crown cupcakes cushions decor dessert diapers diner dinning table diy DIY day Dollhouse dolls dragon drawing dreadlocks dress earth eco education elementals elf etsy update fabric fairy fall felt felt food fire flower food Full moon art fun furniture gardening gift gifts girl girl room giveaway glass god granola green Guest Post Halloween handmade gift Harry Potter harvest heart herbs holidays home hoodie Imbolc inspiration island jewelry kid kid toys kid's art kitchen kitchen witchery knitting landscape less meat Litha lunch Mabon Magic make your monday Mariann the photographer Master Bedroom maternity Maypole meditation Mother Earth move my project under 15 necklace needlefelting onesie orange organization Ostara pagan painting path peg personal photoshot pink pixie suit plaid play kitchen playing with you food plush Pointed Hat pointed hood Poppet Potion pregnancy pretend play pumpkin punk Québec Quidditch quilt rag quilt rant recipe reinvented retro-cooking month review rhythm right now I AM ritual sabbath Samhain sea sea house seasons sewing sharpies shoes shop siblings skirt soap something about me spellbook spells spinning spirited child spring strawberries swap swaps sweater tattoo tea tea party the color red The Crafty Witch the horde of angry pagans this moment Thrifty finds to-do list toddler toddler crafts toy toymaking tradition tutorial tutu unicorn vacation valentine Waldorf Waldorf doll wand water watercolor Wish list Witch witchy things wood painting wooden toys yarn along yarn along. crochet yellow yoga Yule